Tuesday, January 26, 2010

...and I shift into neutrals...


I'm not sure if its the rainy, windy, cool weather outside or the rumpled, muddy conditions that this is creating, but I have been in the distinct mood for neutrals over the past few days. First yesterday I decided to forgo a long pleated purple, pink, red and black Tartan skirt in favor of black and brown florals with a gray skirt.


Pmuted seated

Pdetail

Dress: Thrifted, Cardigan: Anthropologie Sale, Hat: H&M, Belt: Thrifted, Skirt: Thrifted, Stockings: Target, Shoes: Payless, Coin Necklace: Gift


Then today, I chose a recently thrifted brown vintage dress. I have to say that its a great dress though. I don't know if this would make sense to anyone but me, but I feel like Mary Tyler Moore in it. Granted, its been a long time since I've watched the show. The turtleneck makes it a bit conservative, but the clinging fabric, close fit on top and swinging skirt give it a flirty feeling. I love the way this dress moves. But more than that, I love the fact that its such a great palette for building a look with accessories. I am such a sucker for crazy patterns and all sorts of color combinations, but its always nice to have a few neutral dresses in one's wardrobe as well. Oh and I finally wore the new swing coat! Yay, I love the way this moves and drapes too.


Pswing 1

Pswing

Ptexture

Pmovement

Psd close

Pswing dress

Pdetail

Psitting

Pswing 2

Dress: Thrifted Vintage, Coat: Vintage, Belt: Thrifted, Tights: American Apparel, Shoes: Blowfish, Necklace: Gift, Bracelet: can't remember

23 comments:

  1. i *LOVE* mary tyler moore and i definitely see why that dress would remind you of her! it is definitely something she'd wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely look like MTM in this outfit, even the wrap. It's so classy and vaguely seventies and you pull it off with panache. The red tights kick the whole thing up a couple of notches, and I love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swing coat and knit dress! They both fit you beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you look great! I love those shoes in the first pic...I will have to make a trip to Payless! hope you are doing well honey...Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both outfits... the second one is my fave. I love everything... the dress, the swing coat and the burgundy tights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love that first picture, the shoes are divine. The outfit is fab.

    Totally know what you mean my MTM, such a happy look. The coat looks so soft, must be nice to wear. The red goes great with it and the color of the dress.

    Fabulous.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be great, I really look forward to seeing your secret - thanks for getting involved in my 200th secret post. My day isn't over just yet, I really wish it was though.

    www.ameliais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the floral and the swing coat = fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such a pretty necklace, i love the red tights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh what a beautiful dress and coat! Flowing and elegant. Your dresses always flow so nicely.. I wish I were a tall as you to pull off these outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your strappy shoes look super awesome on you! I'm utterly jealous that you wear long dresses so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that dress fits so well! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the camel coat... you look like somone out of another era...

    http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary Tyler Moore, what a great inspiration! I love these outfits-- you look so classy and simple and vintage-inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the second outfit soooo much! It is super sexy with the clingy fabric. And the red stockings - darling!

    I tend to never wear patterns myself - maybe I should challenge myself like you did!
    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ive been watching the 'Dick Van Dick Show' and I can see how you would feel like her. Maybe more Mary than Laura Petrie. Both outfits are sooooo sweet. I love the brights tights with the tan dress.

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you know i love the coat and tights together!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. great vintage look!! I love the coat! new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfits. Vintage really suits you well. I love the accessories of the second look; head-to-toe really classic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the red tights & shoes, with the red lipstick is a winnging combo, my friend. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your gorgeous, classic, elegant, playful, endearing look is a continual source of fashion inspiration, sweet dear, thank you so much.


    Wishing you a splendid Thursday & blissfully wonderful month of February!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the tights and shoes together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!