Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Home Again, Home Again...

After almost a week in Florida and another five days in New Hampshire over the holiday weekend, I'm back home. It was a nice break from my daily routine, but I've missed blogging. Although I tried out some new outfits in Florida, I didn't take any photos of them and mostly concentrated on spending time with my parents and siblings. The few pictures that I did take were of Florida scenery. It always surprises me (even though I know it shouldn't) when people tell me that they don't think of Florida as being rural or agricultural. I grew up in a farming community where the biggest cultural event is a festival that celebrates one of its traditional crops (strawberries) and features pig races and dung throwing contests. I have to say that I do enjoy living in a city now, but there is something nostalgically lovely and, at the same time, quirky about my home state that I enjoy revisiting. 

So here are a few of the pictures that I took while away. I've missed you all and look forward to catching up on everyone's blog posts (as well as writing more of my own:)!







5 comments:

  1. Welcome back, so pleased you had a nice time (and still missed your blog friends). Love your photo's, you always take good ones! I'm hopeless with a camera.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you had a nice time, and glad you're back! I've missed your updates!

    ~ Caitie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your holiday break sounded really nice! The first picture at the top is so good! :)
    Looking forward to your posts again!

    .x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom is from sebring, FL (way in-land!) and her father owned a cattle ranch .. it always annoys her when people only think of florida as a tourist destination as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh thank you! :) I got it from 'The cutest blog on the block' :) I like your background :)

    .x.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!