Monday, January 12, 2009

And Off I go...

Inspired by the fashion, vintage, poetry and all-encompassing blogs that I've begun to read over the past few months, I've decided to start my own. I have to admit, I'm both  excited and a little nervous about publishing a blog for the first time.  Over the winter holiday, I had an interesting conversation (among many) with my brother that gave me the little nudge that I needed to actually go through with this. We were discussing the technology on the web that has enabled people to seek out and create new media and to find communities that defy physical difference and enable communication with a mass audience through personal, self-published creation. His interests are more political, scientific, musical and design-based, while mine tend to lean towards vintage, historical, literature and random musings in general. Despite the difference, his passion about the subject (as usual) inspired me to take part in this online community and contribute my own ideas, photos, illustrations, etc.

I'm not sure if this blog will have a specific focus or unifying idea, or if it really needs one.  After overcoming my own shyness, I feel exhilarated  at the prospect of sharing ideas and testing them on like-minded people (something I miss from grad school), and the possibility of inspiring others the way in which some of the blogs I've found have inspired me. 

So thanks to John! Without knowing it, you've once again spurred me on to action and expanded my horizons with your passionate conviction. And thanks to my husband whose unerring belief in me gives me the confidence to try new things every day. So if anyone ends up reading this, I hope they enjoy it as much as I'll relish creating it. And off I go...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!