Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mama Style


Blouse: Layered Vintage Dress
Jewelry: Hand-Me-Downs
Wrap Skirt: Vintage
Purse: Thrifted 

The weather is perfect today: high 70's, not a cloud in the sky and low humidity. Unluckily we're stuck inside waiting for the air conditioner repair person for the second day in a row. But luckily, someone is coming to fix it for when we actually need it. I have to remember to count my blessings.

When we do eventually go outside, the babes and I will wear our hats for sun protection. This one has to be my favorite of all time. I love the blue stripes, I love the fact that its so tightly woven that it has an SPF of 50, and I love that the brim is so wide that when I carry my daughter, it covers part of her too. What's not to love?

The skirt has been in constant rotation for years. There's a vintage store near us with low prices and lots of 70's wrap skirts. I enjoy shopping that section of the store just as much as I enjoy looking through the dresses. Many wrap skirts have all the right elements for me: pockets, an a-line, high waists and knee-lengths.

And then, of course, there are the shoes. My favorite shoes. These were my first pair of Swedish Hasbeens. I bought them before my daughter was born because I knew that we'd have a tighter budget after she came and I wanted to treat myself to something I'd wanted for years. They were everything I'd hoped for them to be. I even wore them when I was eight months pregnant, which goes to show how comfortable they are.

That's about it. My favorite kind of outfit for the perfect summer day. Hopefully we'll be able to get out soon!

1 comment:

  1. swedish hasbeens ftw! i bought a pair awhile ago and never wear them...you are inspiring me to break them out this afternoon.

    (also, i bought a pair of emerald green birkenstocks today. BIRKENSTOCKS?! but they are really awesome and i picture wearing them with my skinny cropped pants)

    ~pemora

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!