Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple but Flirty

Just a short outfit post tonight. It was so warm today, and even tonight. I decided to wear this light polyester dress that I thrifted last year. I love the ruffly little collar and keyhole opening in the front. These little details give a very sweet, feminine feeling to a simple dress. Its so nice to finally shed all of the layers from our long winter and as a result, I've been keeping my wardrobe very basic lately: few accessories paired with flirty, but pretty summer dresses like this one. Part and parcel, my silver spoon bracelet has become a fixture. Several years ago, my mom bought my sister and I these bracelets at a kumquat festival in Florida. It's both elegant and sentimental and always sparks conversation.

graphic_dress

graphic_detail

graphic_close

spoon_bracelet

Dress: Thrifted Vintage
Belt: Linea Pelle (Marshall's)
Spoon Bracelet: Gift
Earrings: Thrifted
Shoes: Clarks

My short hair really does go along with this desire for simplicity lately. Its so funny, I'm not quite used to seeing myself this way and when I walk in front of a mirror its a bit surprising (but in a good way that makes me giggle at myself). I love the change and the thought of pairing my slightly boyish hair with all of the feminine frocks in my wardrobe.

Good night everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Your hair does look great and suits this look. Wish I could dress more like you but alas more often than not I'm in riding boots and checked shirts (what you get for being in the country).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really suit short hair I think. Especially with the more girly silhouette. That looks like a perfect dress for a hot day and evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress and I love your hair even more! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress find, belt and bracelet! I've never seen a spoon bracelet before and wouldn't have guessed what it was if I hadn't read your description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is great; that neck detail is great! That sideboard behind you is lovely also! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!