Saturday, February 7, 2009

I've Got Norma Shearer on My Mind


Lately I've been infatuated with the high-waisted skirt look.  Ever since I wrote that entry about scarves, the image of Norma Shearer leaning against a wall has stuck with me. She's wearing what looks like a knit blouse over a high-waisted skirt and a skinny belt (not to mention a fabulous belt and an infectious smile). I'm still working on the scarves, but over the past few weeks I've been drawn to those skirts with, well, knit tops.


Top: Thrifted (Its my sister's:)
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted (The Garment District)
Boots: Stonefly


Sweater: Thrifted (GoodWill)
Skirt: Thrifted (Boomerang)
Boots: Stonefly
Tights: American Apparel

I tried the drop-waist look, but alas still think that it just doesn't look right on me. Maybe I just haven't tried the right combinations yet.  And when I wore a scarf to work the other day (layered over a long, thin sweater, layered over a dress) I got a weird look from one of my co-workers. I will keep trying though and eventually work those lovely items into my wardrobe more successfully. That's part of the fun, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!